Friday, May 08, 2009

Another Op'nin, another show ... Sound of Music

Another op'nin, another show
In Philly, Boston, or Baltimo'
A chance for stage folks to say hello!
Another op'nin of another show.

I've always been drawn to the above lyrics by Cole Porter ... it explains clearly how I feel before a show starts. It's from Kiss me Kate one of the many local productions I've appeared onstage in. What is interesting about this show is that I've also seen it on Broadway - there's not many shows that I can say that about. Ah, Memories ...

So tonight we open The Sound of Music. We've worked out most of the kinks. We have some new things to try tonight, to fix other little things. I've updated my "cheat sheet"to include the places I must be .. to move set pieces, to help get people dressed. My costume is ready. Makeup case and suitcase of my things are ready by the door ... waiting.
It's exciting, exhilarating - indescribable. One of those moments you feel so alive, breathless ... in the moment. So to my cast ... Break a Leg!

To those of you in the area tonight ... come join us - tickets are still available. Austria, the von Trap Family and The Sound of Music awaits.

The Sound of Music
New Paltz High School Auditorium.
May 8, 9, 15, 16 at 7:30 p.m
May 17 at 2:00 p.m.

Tickets are $15 for Adultsand $12 for Seniors & Children.

No comments:

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.