Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Process: Sound of Music Auditions

I am absolutely speechless.

We have had nearly 100 people come to auditions for the Sound of Music in the last two days. I wanted to write an update last night, but got home much too late and much too tired to do so.

We have had some absolutely amazing talent. Almost every single audition was breathtaking in one way or another. We had enough to cast several shows. I wish we could cast more people since we would have no trouble doing so. Today after auditions we decided on callbacks.

Deciding was very difficult. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and taking another look at our choices. We'll be doing more vocal work since harmony is so important in this show, and readings. Tomorrow will end with more really difficult choices.

That's the hardest part of the process on the production side for me. I always wish we could cast more people then we can.

However, given the caliber individuals we have for the cast, this production of Sound of Music should be incredible.

I want to say thank you to all the amazing, energetic, talented people that came to audition. I'd love to see you all at future auditions - and I'm sure I will.

No comments:

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.