Thursday, June 07, 2007

Rocky Auditions day 3 and Callbacks

Wow we had an awesome turnout for Auditions on Monday night. Thank you all for coming out for the show. We saw so many talented actors and actresses and it was incredibly difficult to choose. I've learned a lot about auditioning from this whole process, and I'm going to put together a post about my new perspective when I get the time and energy. Maybe this weekend ... but I won't promise.

Wednesday we had our first read through with almost the whole cast. I'm feeling pretty confident we're going to have a really great show. The energy and excitement of the actors was great. I spent some time this evening going over the script and listening to the CD. I have some interesting ideas that I'll be able to share with the Director on how things can be done. I've really missed not being involved in theater for the last nine months. I can't believe how lucky I've been to be asked to Assistant Direct this show.

No comments:

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.