Sunday, April 02, 2006

Redhook High School Review: Fiddler on the Roof

I'm super lucky this weekend I saw two shows. Of course, they were both Fiddler on the Roof, which means I will have the songs stuck in my head for the next week, but it was definitely worth it.

This afternoon Gale and I saw Fiddler at Redhook high school, perhaps one of the most impressive high school musicals I've ever seen. It was a beautiful production, good acting, great set and costumes. There were a few dropped lines and a few wrong notes, but certainly nothing that detracted from the overall production. The orchestra was fabulous also, much larger then I expected. Actually, I could say that the production overall was much larger then expected with the cast numbering around 60. Made for some very impressive ensemble numbers!

My only complaint about the production would have to be the seating and acoustics. Redhook unfortunately doesn't have a auditorium, so the theater was the gymnasium, which had a stage, and the seating was metal folding chairs or bleachers. Acoustically it was terrible. All the leads wore microphones, which helped the situation.

I would definitely go see another musical put on by the Redhook High School, as I was very impressed with the caliber of this performance.

Technorati tags: Hudson valley theater

No comments:

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.