Who attends Broadway Plays and Musicals? If you've ever wondered about the demographics of the broadway The Demographics of the Broadway Audience 2004-2005, a report recently released by the The League of American Theatres and Producers gives us the numbers. So what do they tell us?
- International Vistors are on the rise up to 1.3 million admissions from 1.2 million in 2003-2004 season and 651,000 in the 2002-2003 season.
- More New Yorkers atteneded the theater as well - 2.06 million.
- 65% of those attending were female, and were the primary decision maker in what show to see.
- The average Broadway theatregoer attended five shows in the past year. Furthermore, those who saw fifteen or more shows comprised 5% of the audience, but represented 27% of all tickets sold.
- The use of the Internet to purchase tickets has quadrupled in the last five years, from 7% to 29%.