Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Broadway's Lost Treasures

I'm traveling for work and staying in a hotel, I turn on the TV and flip through the channels. To my surprise something that interests me is on ... PBS has a series called Broadway's Lost Treasures. It is recordings of original numbers from shows and the actors who originated the roles. It always is interesting to see actors I generally associate with Law & Order and it's various iterations, performing on the great white way. I never realized that Jerry Orbach originated the role of Billy Flynn in Chicago.

It's always a great thrill to see theater live, but I'm also very interested in the history behind the shows, and it's wonderful to be able to see historic and memorable moments in Broadway's History.

No comments:

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.