Saturday, February 07, 2009

You Gotta Have Heart Cabaret Review

What a lovely evening! I just returned from Golden Stone Productions "You Gotta Have Heart" Cabaret & Silent Auction at Hillside Manor.

I has such a delightful time .... The songs were not your typical fare from your typical musicals. It was wonderful! There were some well known songs - "Love Song" from Forum, "You Gotta Have Heart,": from Damn Yankees, "Suddenly Seymour" From Little Shop. "Agony" from Into the Woods and "What I did for Love" from A Chorus Line

But it visited other less trodden paths as well. I especially enjoyed "Taylor, the Latte boy," his Response as well as "See What I Wanna See" and "Astonishing".

The performers were a number of my favorites from local productions - Kevin Archambault, Virginia Ferri, Vicki Howland, Esme Hyman, Patrick Kiernan, Lindsey Michaels, Olivia Michaels, Thomas Netter, Amanda Quiggley, Wendell Scherer, AnnChris Warren, Michael Werner and Jennifer Zell.

An excellent job was done by everyone in the cast, as well as the Emcee, who helped the different numbers flow from one to the next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to meet you and your husband last night!Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself and more importantly for being such amazing supporters of the arts in Ulster County.
I love a tall dame...
danny paul

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.