Thursday, November 01, 2007

Rocky Horror Review

Last night I went to see Fuel and Trapt at the Chance in Poughkeepsie. Wait, does this have anything to do with Rocky Horror? It does.

I won the tickets, and they included a “meet and greet” with both of the headlining bands. I got to meet the band members, chat, get autographs, and take pictures with many of them. Besides all that, it was a fantastic show, totally rocking and high energy. There were several times I was down in the pit and the whole audience was jumping up and down. It was excellent.

It reminded me of last Saturday night at the Rocky Horror Show.

Before the show, I “snuck” backstage to see the cast. I ran into the usherettes on my way down, and I was sure they were going to throw me out, but I made it past! I took pictures with many of the cast members in costume (“Oh my god! I have to get a picture with you!”) and wished them luck before returning upstairs to take my seat in the audience. Up there, the excitement was electric. I felt like something truly amazing was about to take place, and I was lucky enough to be a part of it!

It was way more awesome than the Fuel show last night.

I really did feel like I was at a fantastic rock show, someone huge like The Who. The audience lived, laughed, cheered, screamed, and enjoyed the show with reckless abandon. A few parts of the show were unable to be heard, because a new favorite character had appeared – Riff, Frank, Columbia, Magenta, etc. Every actor was right on, very strong, and played to the crowd like they'd been doing it their whole lives.

The production was enjoyed by virgins and veterans alike; I came with both types and they all still talk about how much fun the show was. I'm thrilled that I had the opportunity to participate in this experience – a big thank you to the cast and crew for creating this amazing world for a few hours.

I can't wait to do the time warp with you again!

No comments:

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.