Thursday, January 11, 2007

Grease: Are you the one I want?

The Grease revival that is scheduled to run on Broadway is undergoing an unusual casting process. The American audiences will get the chance to pick the leads. What kind of production will this lead to .... well unlike any other I think.

The preliminary ratings numbers for NBC's casting competition, "Grease: You're The One That I Want," indicate an average of 11.59 million total viewers. playbill.com

As of January 9th - there was 1.3 Million in sales after only two days of sales. The show doesn't open until July 24. Not sure what that proves other then the marketing of the show is going pretty well. I for one will reserve judgement on the quality and caliber of the actors until I check out the show.

I will say I can't imagine anyone who hasn't done any musical theater holding together for the typical eight shows a week schedule of a Broadway show.

One blogger who has weighed in on 'You're the one that I want' is playgoer

Technorati tags: Hudson valley theater

No comments:

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.