Saturday, December 09, 2006

Dreamgirls Christmas

Dreamgirls opens Christmas Day. There are 13 clips from the movie on IESB.net.

There is about 20 minutes worth of footage from the Broadway musical based film. The brief clips are titled Wigs, Here to Protect You, Teach Us the Song, Jimmy Don't Belong to No One, I Am a Woman Now, Deena's Singing Lead, "Dreamgirls," Ease Up, I Can't Play That Part, Jimmy & Lorrell Backstage, "One Night Only," "Listen" and "Effie I Need You."

It looks really good. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Previously:
10-17-2006 Dreamgirls Movie Musical

Technorati tags: Hudson valley theater

2 comments:

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Erica - I can't wait to see this movie after seeing two different stage productions (one, thankfully, with Jennifer Holliday). You should rush right out and get the original soundtrack. It's absolutely a sheer delight!

Anonymous said...

Audtions and Local Legacies:
This website is a fantastic venue to discuss the local auditioning process and the opportunities that are NOT given to those who have a proven track record in performing major characters on the stage, and then, when they take much needed break to further careers, go back to school, have families, whatever it may be, those "legacies" get shafted. I am, without ego, without pride, one of those legacies who worked for years in the local theater, investing time, money, energy, and sleep. I went to audition for two shows recently after a four year hiatus and let me tell you that I was shocked by the treatment I received by two local theater groups. What has happened? Why is there such an adverse reaction to those who come back to the theater in this area? I can certainly understand not being chosen for lead role (even though I've had many...) but the fact remains that when you've worked so hard and have become a legacy, that should be recognized and honored. Some may disagree but in my mind, all those years in the theater filled void. Now, my life has no voids and the idea to come back to the theater was an important one because I had accomplished so much and was ready to share that again. The local audiences have always been good to me. The local theater organizations should do well to remember that as people come back to volunteer their talents, their time, money and energy. Enough said...

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.