Sunday, October 15, 2006

Mary Poppins on Broadway

One of my favorite movie-musicals has to be Mary Poppins. It also happens to be the first show I was ever involved in, a chorus girl- sometime in elementary school. I had this wonderful parasol .... ah memories. So I am pretty excited about the show being staged on Broadway. Also the artist who did our backdrops for Oliver! did the scenery for this production. He is amazing!

You can see a teaser preview on the official site. Playbill also has a nice piece on the show.

Technorati tags: Hudson valley theater

1 comment:

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Erica, Like you I'm very excited about the Broadway production of Mary Poppins that finally landed at the New Amsterdam Theatre over the weekend. I had a chance to see it in London, and it moved me to tears (maybe I'm overly sentimental, but it's an amazing production).

You might be interested in logging your pick among the new, confirmed Broadway musicals this season on my poll over at www.steveonbroadway.com - check out the right column and register your vote for Mary Poppins or any other show you're most enthusiastic about!

Cheers!

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.