Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Kimberly Kay Friday "On My Own"

I wish I could go see this one ... unfortunately, I'm a little over committed right now. Performing this Friday Night, September 1, 2006 at the Rhinebeck Performing Arts Center. From the Poughkeepsie Journal on Kimberly Kay's One Woman Show "On my Own"

' "On My Own" was written by Ulster County resident Lewis Gardner, whose works have been performed at the Lee Strasberg Institute, and directed by Charles Pistone, a Broadway veteran who has appeared in "Les Miserables," "Kiss of the Spider Woman" and as the Phantom in the London production of "Phantom of the Opera."

The characters are built around monologues and other existing material that Gardner has written.

"This is about women who like men and may need men, but are OK on their own," said Kay, who lives in Woodstock. "It's a piece about empowering women." '

Technorati tags: Hudson valley theater

No comments:

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.