Thursday, June 22, 2006

Balancing Act: Theater, Work and Life!

What a Balancing Act it can be to keep your life in perspective. Theater, Work, and Social Life?It becomes difficult at times especially when we are this close to opening (We open June 29). We have rehearsals every day (except this Friday) until we open.

In between work and rehearsals, life goes on - grocery shopping still needs to be done, as well as shopping for some items I'll need for the show. Dinner still needs to be made and work certainly hasn't slowed down. I love being in this strange place: it's intense concentration, exhaustion, and euphoria. I'm lucky that I work from home, and my hubby is understanding of my theater obligations.

The last weeks before a show are particularly intense in this way. How do you handle this balancing act?

Other bloggers are pondering this same question: Here, and check out the comments!

Technorati tags: Hudson valley theater

No comments:

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.