Monday, May 01, 2006

Music Man - First rehearsal

Tonight was the first rehearsal for Music Man. There were some familiar faces, and some new faces, which is wonderful. I'm terrible with names, so I try to work on a few at a time. I am great with remembering faces. It's sad - I'm more likely to remember what someone wore and or their pet's name, then to remember their name. So Tomorrow I'll try to address everyone that I met tonight by the proper name - I'll let you know how I do.

So we got our libretto's (script and music) today, and went through some group exercises. We also played with some dance moves, and gave our vocal chords a little warm up - We have a nice rounded full sound. I'm looking forward to music rehearsal tomorrow. The singing and dancing is always my favorite parts of the rehearsal process.

Technorati tags: Hudson valley theater

No comments:

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.