Saturday, May 06, 2006

Music Man Blocking

First rehearsal of Blocking & Choreography was today. It was the "Society Ladies", so we worked on blocking out the Pick-a-little song/scene, as well as the "Grecian urn" bit. We really are starting to work out our character positions, poses and relationships. It was a very rewarding rehearsal, and we completed the two scenes. We were also assigned lines, it looks like I will have a few lines, and a small vocal solo - I'll be playing Alma! So very exciting!

I've also been asked to help with costumes, so my spare time will consist of sewing once that gets going. It's a good way to spend time during rehearsals while waiting for my scenes. I'm sure I'll find other ways to help out, I always do. I'm also really enjoying the other members of the cast - what a nice bunch!

Technorati tags: Hudson valley theater

No comments:

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.