Sunday, January 15, 2006

Into the Woods

January 14th - Ushered at the theater for Into the Woods - wonderful production! I usually can find something to mention that could be improved on in a show, but this one is excellent, from the set to the costumes, the staging and the singing, the actors and the dancing. Ok, I lied there is one thing I should mention, it does have a lengthy running time, but it's so enthralling you barely notice - I promise!

Based on well known fairytales, including Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, Cinderella and Rapunzel, it kicks off with a witch and a curse, and Act I ends with Happily Ever After. Act II gives you what happens after that ... I won't spoil the ending. One thing I should add is there are some ... mature moments.

Into the Woods is running at the Rhinebeck Performing Arts Center
January 13 - February 5
Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays, 8PM
Sundays, 3PM
Tickets $22 adults, $20 seniors & children

No comments:

Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience.